What is Slate?
Slate is a fine grained metamorphic rock and has variety of uses and applications. Their chemical characteristics and formations make them very durable even though when susceptible to harshest environments. As a roofing tile, slate has extremely low water absorption which make them frost resistant. Since they require little or no maintenance, it is reported that they can last a few hundred years.
The biggest deposits of slate can be found in China, India, Brazil, Australia with different colours.
What are the Features of Slate Tiles?
- Very durable and can last hundreds of years.
- They are often split during the production process, which make them easir to manufacture.
- Colours can vary according to the region where they are extracted from; They can be grey, black, beige, red or brown. The most preferred colours are black slate and grey slate.
- Resistant to wear.
- Resistant to water.
- Anti slip characteristics due to rough surface.
- It provides heat insulation in the area where it is used and keeps it cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Slate is almost maintenance-free (all natural stone tiles require some sort of maintenance) and retains its colour for long periods of time.
Usage Areas of Slate Tiles
Slate tiles can be used in inside, outside, walls and floors and has a variety of applications.
Slate stone tiles are suitable for:
- Wall & floor surfaces
- Pedestrian paths
- Parks and gardens.
- Wet areas
Slate Wall Tiles
You can use wall slate stones for decoration purposes in your home or workplace. You can create wonders in your decorations by using slate with its leafy appearance and texture. This natural stone provides some degree of heat insulation and increases your living comfort by keeping the area warm in winter and cool in summer.
One of our recommendation is the Rust Multicolour Slate Wall Tile, which is a great product and contains dozens of different colour tones mixed in harmony.
Slate Floor & Patio Tiles
Slate floor tiles are quite durable. Slate does not lose its properties and colour for many years and does not get old. With its dark colour tones, it provides a very stylish appearance in the use of floors. Slate tiles are also very resistant to water with low water absorption. Slate bathroom tiles and slate kitchen tiles are the most preferred flooring options in this material.
In addition, slate patio tiles are a great way of transforming your outdoor spaces. You can create pathways, beautiful decorative designs with the help of slate material. In particular, Brazilian Black Slate Tiles are a great option which offers 12mm interior and 20mm exterior thick products at the same time.
Slate Stone Tile Prices
As a direct importer, we are quite competitive in the UK and we sell at affordable prices. We cut the middle man and sell products at very reasonable prices compared to other competitors. Our slate tiles are marketed on our website less than 50%- 70% off their high street value. Why pay more? Order a sample and begin your renovation journey.