What is Travertine?
Travertine consists of calcium carbonate and is formed around hot springs and in caves. It has a porous structure like a sponge. These pores are caused by the gases that were present in it during its natural formation which then came out. It is generally known as a kind of marble, but it differs from marble with its porous structure.
Characteristics of Travertine Tiles
Some characteristics of travertine tiles are as follows:
- Travertine is a type of natural stone. It is extracted from around hot springs and processed delicately.
- It contains various tones of beige and brown. You can see many colour tones from shades of white to grey. The most preferred of these are beige travertine tiles and silver travertine tiles.
- It has surface textures such as tumbled, honed, filled, and unfilled. Tumbled travertine tiles offer a rustic and old style look whereas honed filled travertine tiles offer a much modern environment.
- Travertine tiles, as for the other types of natural stones, can be used both inside and outside.
- Your travertine tiles will last very long time. If you also maintain them, they will shine for many years to come. If you have visited Italy, you probably noticed lots of buildings in travertine which were built centuries ago.
Travertine Tiles Usage Areas
Travertine tiles can be used in a variety of locations, similar to other types of natural stones. Some examples:
Travertine Floor Tiles
Even though the travertine is softer than other types of natural stones, many use them as floor tiles due to the fact that they look fantastic!. Their warm colours and smooth appearance have been appealing many. Use them in your bathroom floors, kitchen floors or hallway floors. We have seen many of our clients to tile almost an entire home with the same travertine tile.
Travertine Bathroom Tiles
These products are very suitable for bathroom use and are often preferred in the bathroom. Especially tumbled travertine or honed and filled travertine are the most preferred types. They are not waterproof and porous in comparison to other types of flooring, however with the tanking systems, any kind of wet areas can be tiled with travertine with no issues.
Outdoor Travertine Tiles
This type of natural stone tile is ideal for adding fabulous designs to your outdoor spaces. You can use outdoor travertine tiles in your garden, patio, garage, and around your pool, which makes you feel like you are living in harmony with nature. 30mm travertine tiles are recommended for outside and tumbled travertine patio tiles are our best selling material. When combined with 12mm tumbled travertine tiles, you can create a seamless application for inside and outside.
Travertine Tile Prices
We are one of the UK's most competitive travertine tile supplier. The natural stones are very hard and expensive to process, import or even deliver. Hence their price tag in the high street shops are quite expensive. By cutting out the middle man and using the right sourcing channels, we are able to market travertine tiles to our customers at below-market prices. Buy with confidence, order samples to experience value and quality.